What is GraphQL?
A query language that enables us to do declarative data fetching, which means:
- We can describe the data we want,
- Bundle it all up in one request,
- And get data back in a predictable shape.
- Describes the shape of the available data
- A hierarchy of types and fields, populated by backend data stores
Entry points to the schema:
- Queries: read operations that retrieve data
- Mutations: write operations that update data
The journey of a GraphQL operation
Check your understanding
How does the client send queries to our GraphQL server?
Which of these are situations where our GraphQL server will throw an error?
When a query executes successfully, which of these is included in the object returned by the GraphQL server?