Privacy and data collection
By default, the Apollo Router collects anonymous usage data to help us improve the product.
The Apollo Router doesn't collect any personally identifiable information such as API keys, graph names, or file paths.
To opt out of data collection, set the
APOLLO_TELEMETRY_DISABLED environment variable to
true in each environment where you run the Apollo Router.
Unless you opt out, the Apollo Router reports the following data:
- The execution command that was run (excluding any identifiable arguments such as file-system paths or profile names)
- The version of
routerthat was executed
- The configuration properties which have been referenced, but limited to types which could not contain personally identifiable information (e.g., certain scalar types; a property which is set to
truenot the value if it is a
- A unique, anonymized machine identifier, which is the same for every command run on the same machine
- A unique, anonymized session identifier, which is different for every command
- The SHA-256 hash of the directory that
routerwas executed from
- The SHA-256 hash of the contents of the supergraph schema
- The operating system
routerwas executed on
- The CI system
routerwas executed on, if any