Welcome to the newly minted Apollo publication on Medium.
For a couple of weeks now, Ben Strahan and I have been doing a podcast covering topics of interest in the Meteor community. Last week’s episode was a super in-depth dive into the current plans and designs for Apollo. Give it a listen: https://transmission.simplecast.fm/7
Here are the topics we covered:
- [ 04:00 ] — Reactive GraphQL’s new name … Apollo
- [ 05:25 ] — MDG’s new community inclusive MVP approach
- [ 07:18 ] — New Meteor stack after Apollo
- [ 12:30 ] — Redux and Relay
- [ 17:55 ] — GraphQL Query Basics
- [ 19:08 ] — Apollo Architecture Overview
- [ 22:28 ] — Apollo’s Invalidation Server Intro
- [ 25:08 ] — Reactivity control & better offline data
- [ 28:20] — Apollo’s Invalidation Server In-depth
- [ 32:24] — Invalidation/Reactivity options
- [ 33:58] — Mutations are the new “Meteor Methods”
- [ 36:17] — Mutations and Reactivity
- [ 40:42] — Optimistic UI now powered by Apollo (even non-meteor apps)
- [ 41:32] — Business side of Apollo
- [ 43:26] — Competitors
- [ 46:23] — New Galaxy hosting options
- [ 48:06] — Kadira, Galaxy and Reactive Performance Monitoring
- [ 50:57] — Security with no Pub/Sub
- [ 53:38] — Wrapping up and discussing Apollo GH Organization
- [ 59:30] — END
You can also watch the episode on YouTube, if you like talking heads:
Enjoy! Looking forward to comments and feedback about the ideas.
Stay in our orbit!
Become an Apollo insider and get first access to new features, best practices, and community events. Oh, and no junk mail. Ever.
Make this article better!
Was this post helpful? Have suggestions? Consider so we can improve it for future readers ✨.