Introduction to Apollo Server
📣 Apollo Server 4 is generally available!
Docs for Apollo Server 3 are available here.
Apollo Server is an open-source, spec-compliant GraphQL server that's compatible with any GraphQL client, including Apollo Client. It's the best way to build a production-ready, self-documenting GraphQL API that can use data from any source.
You can use Apollo Server as:
- The GraphQL server for a subgraph in a federated supergraph
- A stand-alone GraphQL server
- An add-on to your application's existing Node.js middleware (such as Express, AWS Lambda, or Fastify)
Apollo Server provides:
- Straightforward setup, so your client developers can start fetching data quickly
- Incremental adoption, enabling you to add features as they're needed
- Universal compatibility with any data source, any build tool, and any GraphQL client
- Production readiness, enabling you to confidently run your graph in production