Introduction to Apollo Server
Apollo Server 3 has been released. Most applications require few or no changes to upgrade. For details, see the migration guide.
You can also switch to the v2 docs.
Apollo Server is an open-source, spec-compliant GraphQL server that's compatible with any GraphQL client, including Apollo Client. It's the best way to build a production-ready, self-documenting GraphQL API that can use data from any source.
- A stand-alone GraphQL server, including in a serverless environment
- An add-on to your application's existing Node.js middleware (such as Express or Fastify)
- A gateway for a federated data graph
- Straightforward setup, so your client developers can start fetching data quickly
- Incremental adoption, allowing you to add features as they're needed
- Universal compatibility with any data source, any build tool, and any GraphQL client
- Production readiness, enabling you to ship features faster