Apollo Server 4 (Alpha)
📣 Apollo Server 4 is currently in public alpha. This alpha primarily aims to enable community members to develop integrations between Apollo Server and their favorite web frameworks.
We are working on updating our documentation to reflect the changes introduced in Apollo Server 4. In this effort, we have temporarily omitted articles from this branch that aren't yet up to date. In the meantime, you can reference the Apollo Server 3 docs for in-depth information on Apollo Server's features.
Apollo Server is an open-source, spec-compliant GraphQL server that's compatible with any GraphQL client, including Apollo Client. It's the best way to build a production-ready, self-documenting GraphQL API that can use data from any source.
- The gateway for a federated supergraph
- The GraphQL server for a subgraph in a federated supergraph
- A stand-alone GraphQL server
- An add-on to your application's existing Node.js middleware (such as Express, AWS Lambda, or Fastify)
- Straightforward setup, so your client developers can start fetching data quickly
- Incremental adoption, enabling you to add features as they're needed
- Universal compatibility with any data source, any build tool, and any GraphQL client
- Production readiness, enabling you to confidently run your graph in production