What is Apollo Client?
Apollo Client 3.0 is now available. Switch to the latest stable version
Fetching data with Apollo Client guides you to structure your code in a predictable, declarative way consistent with modern React best practices. With Apollo, you can build high-quality features faster without the hassle of writing data plumbing boilerplate.
- Declarative data fetching: Write a query and receive data without manually tracking loading states
- Excellent developer experience: Enjoy helpful tooling for TypeScript, Chrome DevTools, and VS Code
- Designed for modern React: Take advantage of the latest React features, such as hooks
- Universally compatible: Use any build setup and any GraphQL API
- Community driven: Share knowledge with thousands of developers, thanks to our active open source community
Follow the quick start tutorial to start fetching data in minutes. For a longer end-to-end example that includes pagination, local state management, and building a graph API, check out the official Apollo tutorial.
The Apollo Client docs are structured into the following sections. We recommend starting with the Essentials first before moving on to advanced topics.
- Essentials: Start here to learn how to fetch data, update data, and manage local state with Apollo Client
- Features: Learn how to get the most out of Apollo Client's features
- Advanced: Advanced Apollo Client capabilities to cover all your needs
- Recipes: How-to guides for accomplishing specific tasks
- API: Full API details for Apollo Client, its React APIs, and additional packages
This site's documentation focuses on React, but Apollo Client supports many other platforms: