What is Apollo Client?
Apollo Client 3.0 is now available. Switch to the latest stable version
Fetching data with Apollo Client guides you to structure your code in a predictable, declarative way consistent with modern React best practices. With Apollo, you can build high-quality features faster without the hassle of writing data plumbing boilerplate.
- Declarative data fetching: Write a query and receive data without manually tracking loading states
- Excellent developer experience: Enjoy helpful tooling for TypeScript, Chrome DevTools, and VS Code
- Designed for modern React: Take advantage of the latest React features, such as hooks
- Universally compatible: Use any build setup and any GraphQL API
- Community driven: Share knowledge with thousands of developers, thanks to our active open source community
Follow the quick start tutorial to start fetching data in minutes. For a longer end-to-end example that includes pagination, local state management, and building a graph API, check out the full-stack quickstart course.
Explore Apollo Client
The Apollo Client docs are structured into the following sections. We recommend starting with the Essentials first before moving on to advanced topics.
- Essentials: Start here to learn how to fetch data, update data, and manage local state with Apollo Client
- Features: Learn how to get the most out of Apollo Client's features
- Advanced: Advanced Apollo Client capabilities to cover all your needs
- Recipes: How-to guides for accomplishing specific tasks
- API: Full API details for Apollo Client, its React APIs, and additional packages
This site's documentation focuses on React, but Apollo Client supports many other platforms:
- Web Components
- Native mobile